Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I.G. Off & Hazardous - Unsigned Mc's Bootleg (90's)


I.G. Off

1. Street Serenade
2. This Ain't Livin'
3. Hiphop Till I Die
4. The Nicest
5. In The Air
6. How You Love That
7. Ready For Me
8. Crown Holders
9. Phonographic Material
10. Bathroom Cipher
11. Freestyle
12. Freestyle
13. Freestyle
14. Halftime Freestyle
15. Halftime Freestyle
16. Halftime Freestyle

Here's a Real Nyce one here...The most slept on underground Hiphop group ever....
I.G Off & Hazardous (The Nicest) are two unsigned, under the radar New-York MC's that came up in the mid 90's. Fans of underground radio will remember them well, otherwise you might know their work with DJ Spinna on the 'Street Serenade' 12", the Lyricist Lounge LP's, or the Beyond Real Experience LP.
I discovered them in a german documentary called "Hiphop a tale from the hood" (2003) (if anyone knows where a download of this film is available thanks for letting me know, so I can post it here!) The doc. shows them freestyling with Saigon amonst others. There's a dope instrumental playing in the background called "Crown Holders" produced by norwegian producer Tommy Tee (...took me quite some time to put a name on that track...)

PS: I also read somewhere that I.G. Off had been badly injured in a car crash a few years back?
I hope he's okay! is he still rapping and producing material?
I really hope to see this crew back on track one of these days!
...This collection of singles is essential to any New-York underground Hiphop fan.

1 comment: